deaffisherman

Congrats guys. There are more trouts that waiting to be caught.

Smile don't get me start on each trouts that I caught recently. Lol

Holy crap! Nice trout! What did you catch them on?

Posted Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:50 pm

don51

Nice, much better looking than the two I caught! Laughing

I caught them on a little jointed trout flavored Rapala just off the surface coming out of the shallow end of Little Pond.

Posted Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:09 am

Brown trouts was caught on jerkbait and senko. Rainbow trout was caught on jerkbait. Brook trout was caught on salmon egg, trout magnet, and senko. Tiger trout was caught on dead shiner.

Posted Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:41 am

caught a few good fish yesterday! on jigs and jerkbaits

Posted Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:02 am

My buddy and I have not been able to get anything. Not a nibble. He fishes the assabet river a lot, i tend towards the banks of ponds and lakes. We went to Wachusett and got skunked. Obviously ice fishing is no where in the immediate future.

What are you guys doing that's working with this strange weather? Please keep in mind we don't have a boat. I'm located in Medway, my buddy in Maynard.

I'd love to catch some lakers or other trout but honestly i'd be happy with a few perch and a dink bass right now!

Thoughts?

Posted Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:12 am

lakers are done! season is over!

jerkbaits are killer they catch everything! you can also use shiners if your desperate for some action.

spoons and jerkbaits for trout.

Posted Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:15 am

Good info. Are the bass hungry or on a reaction bite? Are they up near the surface or hanging low?

Posted Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:19 am

ive been getting bass on the bottom but i always like to fish bottom even in warmwater. i saw some blitzing fish yesterday! the water was a balmy 50 degrees. i was getting fish on the fall but had some good hits on 5 inch swimbait reeled in fast! there was a lot of fish up shallow but i stayed focus on the deep water looking for that hawg.

if i focused shallow i probably would of gotten a few more fish!

Posted Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:07 pm

focus on shallow ponds! the warm sun heated up the water a few degrees and got them feeding again.

i had few buddies up in maine that caught 51 bass in 37 degree water!

Posted Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:09 pm

If you're struggling, find small, shallow ponds to fish this time of year. It's much easier to locate the fish.

Posted Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:48 pm

Well, the weather has certainly been nice for late December! The fishing just hasn't been what I hoped it would be. Haven't caught a fish all week and only a couple of strikes. I'll see what today brings. If the weather takes a nosedive next week then this will probably be it for me!

Posted Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:25 am

i switched over to deeper ponds now. fished post cold front conditions first pond shallow. had a few bites, my buddy landed a good fish i got a pickerel slow bite. so we went for a hailmary. one last spot ive only been to once! first time ever in a boat! so we get out there parked it in the middle of the pond. 15-20 feet deep. first 10 min i catch a bass!

we got a total of 10 fish, i caught 2 bass a pickerel 2.1 yellow perch and a smaller perch. my buddy caught 2 3lbs bass and few yellows.

tuesday went out to the same pond with the same buddy in the pouring ran! only went for an hour! my buddy caught a 3.8lbs and i caught another 2lbs perch!

Posted Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:50 am

Thought at the very least the calico/crappie bite would be on fire. Nope! Had a big pick on, got it within reach then it turned and swam away with my lure! Laughing

Posted Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Hit Houghton's with the fly rod yesterday. Pulled out two pickerel and had several other takes but was unable to hook up.

Posted Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:33 am

Finished the 2015 season with a pickerel around 2lb. Will be trying for my first bass of 2016 tomorrow! Laughing

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:37 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links