Nefisherman 92 I would be glad to take u to ourfav laker hang outs let me know when you can get out sometime. Yah most of the pike I hear about in the end come from fairhaven.

Posted Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:27 pm

Fishing Seasons

Species
Open season
(All Dates Inclusive)
Daily Creel
minimum Length1
TROUT 2
Lakes, ponds, major rivers 3, 5, 6
Jan. 1 – Dec. 31
—
Housatonic River 4
Jan. 1 – Dec. 31
20"
All other rivers and brooks
Apr. 1 – Sept. 10
Sept. 11 – Mar. 31, 2017
—
LAKE TROUT
Wachusett Reservoir 6
(see note 6)
—
Quabbin 6
(see note 6)
18"
SALMON (Landlocked)
Jan. 1 – Dec. 31
15"
AMERICAN SHAD 7 (Connecticut and Merrimack rivers and their tributaries)
Jan. 1 – Dec. 31
—
AMERICAN SHAD 7 (All other waters, catch and release only)
Jan. 1 – Dec. 31
—
CHAIN PICKEREL
Jan. 1 – Dec. 31
15"
BLACK BASS (Largemouth and Smallmouth, singly or combined):
Jan. 1 – Dec. 31
12"
NORTHERN PIKE
Jan. 1 – Dec. 31
28"
TIGER MUSKIE (Muskellunge)
Jan. 1 – Dec. 31
28"
WALLEYE
Jan. 1 – Dec. 31
14"
SMELT 8
Jan. 1 – Feb. 28
May 16 – Dec. 31
—
—
ALL OTHER FRESHWATER SPECIES
Jan. 1 – Dec. 31
—
—

Posted Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:02 am

badlarry

Nefisherman 92 I would be glad to take u to ourfav laker hang outs let me know when you can get out sometime. Yah most of the pike I hear about in the end come from fairhaven.

Will do! I'm trying to turn Laker fishing at the Chu into my "afternoon job" as it were. Weather will probably keep me in tonight, but I should be out there tomorrow afternoon and Tuesday. We were messing around near gate 6 opening day night. I got nothing but Dad got a small salmon.

Posted Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:44 am

5 inches of snow and 35 degrees tomorrow ....looks like i'm going for smallies at the chu tomorrow....good news is NO TICKS!!

Posted Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:19 pm

Gate 14 produces alot of Lakers(scar hill) not always the biggest but some good action. Short walk. Draw back is it can get crowded on weekends n Eve's. Down the street from 6. Gate 8 is a walk n u have to be in right spot.

Posted Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:55 pm

badlarry

Gate 14 produces alot of Lakers(scar hill) not always the biggest but some good action. Short walk. Draw back is it can get crowded on weekends n Eve's. Down the street from 6. Gate 8 is a walk n u have to be in right spot.

Sounds good! I'm not getting out till later tomorrow night, so I'll prob give hastings cove area another try (I heard of some good stuff happening around there opening day and it looks like the salmon move that way at night), but if that doesn't produce then I'll try the hill wednesday when I can probably get there a little earlier.

Posted Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:18 pm

I like catching Pik'rel. The are so aggressive and fight hard. I like catching Muskie also, probably more so than pik'rel.

Posted Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:46 pm

stump

Went to Box pond Friday with my brother and caught 1 small pickerel and 2 nice perch. When leaving a local stopped by and said if you catch any pickerel kill them! they are killing all the Bass. Now this is the 3rd time in 2 years this guy has said this to me and this time I just ignored him because I just don't want to hear him or tell him hes a dumb ass. As we were packing up 2 other fisherman stopped by and I told them what he said and they agreed I think this is totally wrong and we should let nature take its course no? Interested what you all think. I used to catch monster pickerel here, not in 2 years Evil or Very Mad I'll also add that I've caught more Bass here last year but I think that's because I'm a better fisherman and I used crank baits a lot before which would target more pickerel?

We should leave Mother Nature alone! .

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:07 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links