found a spot close to me that has a roughly 20'x20' area that is open... you dam well know I fished it the other day... the itch was too much

Posted Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:09 am

Ponds in the Brewster area including Long Pond Brewster/Harwich are locked up solid. I've never seen LP fully frozen this late in the year. It rarely ever fully freezes over. Ponds in Nickerson Park are also fully locked up.

Posted Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:07 pm

brewsterbass

Ponds in the Brewster area including Long Pond Brewster/Harwich are locked up solid. I've never seen LP fully frozen this late in the year. It rarely ever fully freezes over. Ponds in Nickerson Park are also fully locked up.

Do you know how much Ice is still left??

Posted Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:57 pm

They are locked up solid. I was at the Brewster ramp of LP yesterday and saw no openings. Guys were out on the ice over the weekend at a small pond near my house. I think the Easter bunny open is in jeopardy unless we get a warm stretch.

Posted Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Charles looks partly open in several areas by the Newton/128 turn....although it will be running real high and with lots of loose ice/debris probably in water...

Posted Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:40 am

I drove around today listening to some old music and visiting some bodies of water of which I've been known to dip a line or two in. For the most part about 5-10 feet around the edges was open almost everywhere, so it is definitely beginning. In some spots where there was a river flowing in to the body of water, it was open out to about 100 feet (200-300 in larger lakes). It was encouraging to see anyway! C'Mon Spring thaw!!! Cool

Posted Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:59 pm

i saw a pond with the back 1/4 of it was open! to bad theres no access to that side! theres enough to drop a kayak in

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:28 pm

I'm seeing different rivers open. Maybe that's the way to go at first? Not fond of rivers, but at least just to get out.

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:17 pm

the charles usually opens up quickly but it's really high and absolutely ripping.

Posted Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:55 am

I can't believe long pond Harwich is locked up... Thats usually the first to be fishable... I remeber about 4-5 years back at the EBO there was still ice on one end of the lake.... Not much but still there... I use to fish with Avid who runs the EBO and will tell you it's a great tourney... Always a tough bite but the guys who bring in the fish pull some monster smallies and good bags!

Posted Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:04 am

Like you guys said, I've seen some small openings where a river runs in near the shore here in the Abington/Pembroke area. You think it'd be worth it to try some panfishing in these small spots?

Posted Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:37 am

Only if there is deeper water. Panfish won't be in close to the bank in shallow water right now.

Posted Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm just so ready to do any fishing at all.

Posted Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:27 pm

Sampson,carver and Billington,Plymouth both locked up solid still.

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:35 am

anyone seen Peters Pond? or Little Pond? mass fish and wildlife says they are starting stocking this coming week, but im not so sure they are gunna be able to

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:42 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links