Yea mystic river is definitely opening up. And has some short access.I had something with some all right size follow one of my swim baits I was testing there the other day

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:25 am

down here on the south shore is still frozen!

areas of moving water is the only spot not frozen!

a promising sign half of a pond was open! so that should melt pretty quick! to bad that half isn't accessible

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:51 am

thelucky

samf

thelucky

jamesd

thelucky

My first boat launch will either be Sunday or Monday.

Where?

The Charles probably somewhere around Dedham. I saw on Friday that there were a few places worth fishing that opened up, but there was still enough ice between spots to make getting to them a bit tricky. Should be fine in a day or so.

Did you go? A lot of it is open but there's still ice and current.

I am going tomorrow, and it will probably be brutal. I never have any luck at that section in the early part of the year.

The shore bite from the lower end has been pretty good, this one was the biggest one for me one the day. Kind of tough to leave fish like this for a brutal bite.

That's awesome. If you don't normally do well on the Charles Dedham then my recommendation is you don't leave those Boston fish. Dedham is not completely open and it's flowing pretty fast. I checked some areas out on Friday.

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:45 am

Hoping this week's temps can open things up. All my local ponds along 128 were still locked up as of this weekend. Was at the Bears Den on Saturday and heard that some waters on the Cape were beginning to open up, though Peter's was still locked up.

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:40 am

Mill Pond Wareham is open about 90%.Went Sunday with no bite.We spent a couple of hours and that was enough with the cold north wind.I really just wanted to make sure the boat was in good order and everything was functioning properly.
I heard Sampsons still has 10" of ice and Long Pond Harwich had 8"a week ago.Early tournaments may have to be cancelled if it doesn't warm up soon.

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:40 pm

Took my New Jon out down by the sudberry today, only 2 pickrel and a small. Started right by my House (Farm Road Framingham) to RT 20 in Wayland. My camera was not work this morning because of the cold, pretty screwed up. The river is pretty fast flowing and high at the moment, but wasnt that bad. Fish where pretty much all caught in the middle of my Trip near the Wayland High School.

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:58 pm

I went to check mystic lakes last night hoping to see some open water to try out the boat, no luck... Upper lake is still frozen except ~20-30ft next to the boat ramp. Lower lake is half open though, with the water flowing from the upper lake. Water level was very low though, in the mystic river as well (about 2ft lower than the usual shore line)

Posted Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:31 am

I heard Long Pong Harwich is open, Long Pond Plymouth, Agawam & Santuit.... I am sure by next weekend most cape ponds should open up. I wanted to get out tomorrow but with 30+ MPH winds it would be a misserable time in a cartopper....

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:06 am

Is Great Herring Pond open yet?

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:36 pm

They were ice fishing Great Herring last Sunday.Long Pond Harwich still had ice on Tuesday.Maybe 50 ft'from shore was open.

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:39 pm

Metro-west and Wellesley area are still mostly locked but thawing. I drove around for about 1.5 hours this morning trying to find open water. Sucked.

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:44 pm

I stopped by Ponkapoag yesterday to check it out, still solid, not even much water around the edges.

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:02 pm

That's just so not right! Laughing

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:51 pm

found open water. its weird!!!

2 ponds next to each other! ones 100% frozen, the other is 100% open.
saw that plenty of times this past week!

but theres enough ponds open enough to keep me sane while the rest of em open

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:00 pm

Both of them are wide open so the word is and the Easter bunny open was today at harwich, hope they have a good turn out and catch some fish....

Posted Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:56 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links