bassturds

found open water. its weird!!!

2 ponds next to each other! ones 100% frozen, the other is 100% open.
saw that plenty of times this past week!

but theres enough ponds open enough to keep me sane while the rest of em open

Twin Lakes/Monponsett?

Posted Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:08 am

Someone just called me and said Wattuppa is open shouldn't be long now for most of them I heard lakeville was starting to break this week on the west shoreline so with the warmer temps and rain and wind should help open most by the next week

Posted Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:53 am

It's all opening up quickly now south of Boston. Should be plenty of open water by Monday. It's about time! Very Happy Too bad the weather next week is going to be crap! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by don51 on Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:45 pm

Long Pond in Lakeville is wild - big whitecaps - wind at least force 5.
The ice is piled up along the south shore.
The New Bedford Reservoir along Lake Street is all open.

Posted Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Glad to hear there's open water down the cape now. Jacob's Pond in Norwell is pretty much all iced up still.

I wonder if they will start stocking trout in southeast Mass this coming week where the ice is gone? I'm with everyone else who's anxious to get out there!

Posted Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:38 pm

I took a cruise through Plymouth on Saturday,checked 6 ponds and 3 were Ice Free,the other 3 looked close to being open

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:11 am

Don, did you happen to go by Stetson? Was thinking of hitting it tomorrow.

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:22 am

No I didn't Don, haven't been that way since ice fishing 2 weeks ago.If I get a chance this week I'm gonna take a look at ponds in that area and Ponkapoag too.

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:35 am

The Nip is wide open. Just a little slush along the shoreline by the ramp. Not sure what it looks like behind the islands, but I'm assuming that's clear as well.

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:39 am

sampsons and billington are open

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:03 pm

No luck this morning...but felt good to get out and get some casts in and get used to new bait casting setup. Surprised how good this cheap combo feels with the brakes properly set.

Slow crawling a blue and black jig with a trailer
Taken with my LG G2:

Posted Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:04 am

first trip of the year last saturday!

some guy told me that there was a huge fish kill but i only saw 1 dead sunnie and no birds feeding! the pond is 2 feet average and 5 feet max first time here in a boat!

I STILL MANAGE TO HOOK A GOOD BASS!!!!! IM FEELING PROUD!!!!!!!

Posted Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:06 am

Nice! I'm worried about the ponds and lakes I usually fish. They probably average about a 3-5 foot depth, with some a tiny bit deeper. Fingers crossed!

Posted Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:58 am

Ponkapoag is still iced over and access us a muddy mess

Posted Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:29 am

pocketfisherman

Nice! I'm worried about the ponds and lakes I usually fish. They probably average about a 3-5 foot depth, with some a tiny bit deeper. Fingers crossed!

im worried to!! hope there arent to many!

can a pond recover from a kill??

Posted Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:10 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links