Sorry Mark spelled your name the way my boss spells his lol

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:10 pm

lol no worries at there. Badlarry. Even through I caught first laker with you. thats my first trip ever to chu. You told me that you havent caught one yet! I was surprised. lol

When I went there several times, its make sense to me after I realized that she kicked my balls several time! I have some day that is amazing! but usually linked with like skunked for two or three trips after that.

My worth mention about chu -

- 2.9lb yellow perch along several 1lb perchs
- two of 6lbs rainbow trouts
- 5.10lbs brown trout
- 5.5lbs atlantic salmon
- 5.3lbs Laker
- Lost larry that could be 10+lbs - Bassturds was there. I saw largie smashed my topwater lure. It was super loud that I could hear it! no joke! Bassturds was like 50 yds away from me and he heard it too! He said it was sound like someone threw concrete rock into water. Unforuntely, I never made any hook set. Bass took hook and bend my rod before I could react. (I was laterally shred a tear about that day)
- Probably spend between 25-30 trips in three years. half of those days was skunked. and 1/4 of those days was caught only one fish. rest of 1/4 of those days was multiple fish. So, you get the idea of my statistics for going chu.

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:19 pm

But sometimes that 1 fish is a trophy. That's what keeps us coming back.

Posted Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:12 am

well said mark! im never forgetting that splash! that fish was HUGE!!!!

that place will give you the best sex of your life then punch you in the face , break your nose and tell you to go F off.
but you keep going for more! shell. curb stomp you break your face! but youll still keep going! well for me at least!
after having an epic fall. i got cocky. then the next season, last year, i did HORRIBLE!!!!!! i did awesome then she made me be more humble.

DONT BE DISAPOINTED IF YOU FAIL MANY TIMES!!! TRUST ME!

SHES ADDICTING!!!!!

while i havent had the numbers of big fish and species as mark! ive caught a lot of lakers up there! i usualy go strickly for lakers!

last year i caught 4 lakers opening day. thats it for the entire season. not one fish after that! out of all the species in that place! im not counting the 2 10 inch smallies i caught on 2 10 hour days. that was 10-15 trips 10-12 hour days and 5-10miles of walking

when i first started i fished every weekend 12 hour days for 2 months straight! first 4 trips i got nothing while everybody was getting fish! ive never gone laker fishing before this! i asked questions to people i met there! i saw what they were doing where they were fishing! after that I WAS ON FIRE!!!!!! caught 20 lakers in 4 trips.

if one spot was slow in the morning id get fish there in the afternoon and vice versa!

this summer and fall im going to focus less on lakers, unless im going for the monstahs of the deep! im going to focus on smallies, salmon, bows and maybe HOPEFULLY a brown

Posted Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:57 pm

Would it be considered unusual to bring a surf rod to wachusett just to zip a bait out there good and far?

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:52 pm

Not really. I used surf rod few times.. I used 3-4oz egg sinker but i put three of them on line. So i can cast over 100 feet with no problem. Good luck.

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:06 pm

But right now, its spring, bunch of fish will be closer to shallow. 15-50 feet away from you is fish range at this time of year.

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:08 pm

deaffisherman

But right now, its spring, bunch of fish will be closer to shallow. 15-50 feet away from you is fish range at this time of year.

That's true. But good to know it's something others have implemented.

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Anybody getting out there for opening day this weekend?

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Wooohooo time for big lakahs at the Chu good luck men!

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:19 pm

It will be crowded on open day. I cant be there on sat but sunday, ill be there.

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:09 pm

deaffisherman

It will be crowded on open day. I cant be there on sat but sunday, ill be there.

HEY YOU DID YOU GET MY TEXT???????

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:49 pm

ill be out saturday, not sure sunday! mid 30s, winds blowing 20-30mph

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:52 pm

I'm not gonna be out opening weekend but the weekend after. Super excited to hit the chu for the first time! WOOOOOO!!!!

Posted Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:32 am

Big Bait. Live perch if you can get them.Big kastmasters bumped on the bottom also work well. Good luck! Tight lines!

Posted Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:45 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links