Place has been packed on the weekends. Get there early if possible. Good luck!!

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:51 pm

dr

Thanks Dr.

Like I said, I just wanted a hike and to do some casting. That crazy huh? Yikes.

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:00 pm

Yah has been packed try weekdays if you can. Salmon have been all over the place.I'm heading out there Wednesday morn good luck.

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:48 pm

badlarry

Yah has been packed try weekdays if you can. Salmon have been all over the place.I'm heading out there Wednesday morn good luck.

Good luck badlarry!

Weekdays are out for now. Screw it, I will just find any spot and pretend I am smart Smile

Prefer deep summer, place to myself.

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:55 pm

Good to hear that the salmon bite is good but what about the LAKERS!!!!????

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:56 pm

I see one more pic of a salmon or laker from the Chu on a stringer and I am going to lose my mind. WTF is wrong with people? Why kill everything you get your hands on?

Grocery store or Amazon has all the meat you need.

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:13 pm

grayrider16

I see one more pic of a salmon or laker from the Chu on a stringer and I am going to lose my mind. WTF is wrong with people? Why kill everything you get your hands on?

a lot of people like to eat the trout and salmon and it's a basic human right to be able to forage or catch or grow your food....we shouldn't always have to be slaves to an expensive , greedy, toxic food industry - legal limits are calculated based on a system that manages fish populations and it is necessary for people take fish or game to eat , on top of it being what god intended....you should see the food that gets tossed in the dumpster at a grocery store and to compensate , we have to pay $ 10 a pound for a fish that nature grew and someone else caught it ?...are we not entitled to put in our own work and catch a free meal ? there's a lot of people against hunting also that don't mind going to the grocery store and buying chemical infested meat that lived un-natural lives in pain and misery....shake my head

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:04 pm

snow66

grayrider16

a lot of people like to eat the trout and salmon and it's a basic human right to be able to forage or catch or grow your food....we shouldn't always have to be slaves to an expensive , greedy, toxic food industry - legal limits are calculated based on a system that manages fish populations and it is necessary for people take fish or game to eat , on top of it being what god intended....you should see the food that gets tossed in the dumpster at a grocery store and to compensate , we have to pay $ 10 a pound for a fish that nature grew and someone else caught it ?...are we not entitled to put in our own work and catch a free meal ? there's a lot of people against hunting also that don't mind going to the grocery store and buying chemical infested meat that lived un-natural lives in pain and misery....shake my head

Couldn't have said it better myself

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:44 am

Still waiting on wachusett pics on this forum though...

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:45 am

Lakers are over populated now so they encourage you to take them home. I heard they taste like crap so I never take lakers(1 exception my 13lber and that was after 20 min trying to revive ) salmon are great eating n now that they have been stocked have at it I say!

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:21 am

i love eating fish! dont mind people keeping limits but i think they should make the salmon catch and release during their spawning!

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:34 am

grayrider16

dr

Thanks Dr.

Like I said, I just wanted a hike and to do some casting. That crazy huh? Yikes.

There's room to cast and move but there a lot of groups of 2-4 people in the gate 6-8 areas and they are using mostly live bait. I would still go but you'll be walking more than usual. The causeway was JAMMED with people last weekend and the rook looked pretty busy also.

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:08 pm

I wish all fish were protected while spawning. Seems like it is almost unfair to fish. Smallie or Larry's on their nests.

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:59 pm

I've been trying to decide whether to go to gate 9 or old stone church area. Which would likely be less crowded??

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:32 pm

The old stone church area has been packed on the weekends. I've never fished gate 9. I think its very shallow?

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:26 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links