dr

grayrider16

dr

Place has been packed on the weekends. Get there early if possible. Good luck!!

Thanks Dr.

Like I said, I just wanted a hike and to do some casting. That crazy huh? Yikes.

There's room to cast and move but there a lot of groups of 2-4 people in the gate 6-8 areas and they are using mostly live bait. I would still go but you'll be walking more than usual. The causeway was JAMMED with people last weekend and the rook looked pretty busy also.

Thanks. Wow, lots of interest this Spring!

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:33 pm

I think its because the salmon bite has been so good.

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:37 pm

baystateangler

snow66

grayrider16

I see one more pic of a salmon or laker from the Chu on a stringer and I am going to lose my mind. WTF is wrong with people? Why kill everything you get your hands on?

Grocery store or Amazon has all the meat you need.

a lot of people like to eat the trout and salmon and it's a basic human right to be able to forage or catch or grow your food....we shouldn't always have to be slaves to an expensive , greedy, toxic food industry - legal limits are calculated based on a system that manages fish populations and it is necessary for people take fish or game to eat , on top of it being what god intended....you should see the food that gets tossed in the dumpster at a grocery store and to compensate , we have to pay $ 10 a pound for a fish that nature grew and someone else caught it ?...are we not entitled to put in our own work and catch a free meal ? there's a lot of people against hunting also that don't mind going to the grocery store and buying chemical infested meat that lived un-natural lives in pain and misery....shake my head

Couldn't have said it better myself

Look all it's not my aim to start a flame war (I think the Tourney thread has that covered!) and you have to understand I really don't think anything I wrote applies to anyone that signs up, makes posts, and engages here on the board. I trust anyone making that kind of effort knows a thing or two and practices selective harvest. I have zero issue with that at all.

I think you know the type I mean. "Bucket Brigade" type that keep everything (legal size or not) they catch. Luckily places like the Chu and The Quabbin are tricky enough that most people don't get the chance to hurt the fishery.

Up my way North of Boston (Lowell, Billerica, Chelmsford) I can tell you the places have been cleaned out of good fish by these types. It's sad.

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:39 pm

Only one bite sunday by the church on Minnows ,Wind blowing whitecaps tward the Causway

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:22 pm

I was reading reports on another site I'm on. The hot bite seems to be Salmon on hardware lately. Also, they're coming across anglers who are fishing 5 or 6 six rods a piece, campfires, drinking, smoking, and plenty of litter, all of which are illegal there. Not every angler, but what a shame.

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:30 pm

hope they are busting them and taking away their gear for fishing so many poles

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:52 pm

troutfreak

Only one bite sunday by the church on Minnows ,Wind blowing whitecaps tward the Causway

Ah yes, the wind blown white caps of the Chu! This joint is a tough place to fish!

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:38 pm

chrisfishd

I was reading reports on another site I'm on. The hot bite seems to be Salmon on hardware lately. Also, they're coming across anglers who are fishing 5 or 6 six rods a piece, campfires, drinking, smoking, and plenty of litter, all of which are illegal there. Not every angler, but what a shame.

What's the limit? Is it alright to have two?

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:10 pm

And what size little cleos and other spoons have people been using for salmon??

Posted Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:16 am

baystateangler

And what size little cleos and other spoons have people been using for salmon??

3/4 oz to 1 oz I should think.

Posted Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:11 pm

I got mine on a 1/2 ounce kastmaster gold. Chu is pretty well policed I'm surprised to hear that. One of the few places left where u don't run into the bucket brigade.

Posted Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:23 pm

3 is limit 15in I believe.

Posted Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:24 pm

I hear you grayrider if I see them filling buckets near me I toss my biggest lures where their fishing and scare the panfish n small bass away from them until they get pissed n leave. I dispise them.Not only do they fish places out they are slobs n leave trash everywhere.

Posted Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:30 pm

badlarry

I hear you grayrider if I see them filling buckets near me I toss my biggest lures where their fishing and scare the panfish n small bass away from them until they get pissed n leave. I dispise them.Not only do they fish places out they are slobs n leave trash everywhere.

haha that's funny.

Posted Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:57 pm

What time in the morning does the rez open for fishing??

Posted Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:40 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links